Sign-in to your account

Un-textured parts on War Thunder planes?

tiger1liker

#0 : 27.04.2019 00:42

Hello, I really enjoy this site. However I have noticed that some models (aircraft) have parts that do not correspond with the texture set. Mainly cockpits, glass, and aircraft with exposed radial engines. This makes it very tedious when I am trying to unwrap UV/ align the UV map to the model since I have to manually delete all the parts that do not belong. Is this a fixable issue or just a result of producing the model?

Мастер Моделей

#1 : 27.04.2019 04:12

Yes, there are a lot of mistakes in models from WarThunder. I will try to fix it.

soassr

#2 : 01.05.2019 07:22

Good afternoon. Faced the same mistake. Try converting the model format from".obj" format ".fbx".

I can even throw off the official program and detailed instructions.

Мастер Моделей

#3 : 02.05.2019 07:15

Good afternoon. Faced the same mistake. Try converting the model format from".obj" format ".fbx".

I can even throw off the official program and detailed instructions.

Please give examples of errors for in-depth analysis.
And I will be grateful for the official program and detailed instructions.

But I do not think that there will be a difference: the data is the same. Most likely, I do not correctly get the UV coordinates of the models.

soassr

#4 : 05.05.2019 07:31
The difference will be. Only model will lose smoothing and will have long to do ett in manual. I can't do it now because I'm not home. Then show examples.

soassr

#5 : 05.05.2019 18:04

Here is the conversion program. It's free. https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-converter-archives

The problem is that when converting and importing the model is without smoothing.

To return the smoothing you need to: 1)Select and click edit polygons(Number 4 or 5) 2)Select the entire object. 3)Scroll down and press Auto Smooth.