Armored Warfare texture workaround

Pages: [ 1 ] 2

DartShinigami

#0 : 02.07.2023 17:11

Have you seen this github page: https://github.com/Markemp/Cryengine-Converter they have a texture material converter so maybe it could help with gatting the real textures for the object of armored warfare

Best Regards  

Мастер Моделей

#1 : 03.07.2023 14:20

An interesting project. But it seems to keep the textures as is. That is, we only get what we already have.

damik

#2 : 03.07.2023 19:59

In Armored Warfare you have textures called
w.dds (in RGBA channels are just masking for shaders),
normal.dds (yeah normal map)
AO.dds
BUT there is no any diffuse textrue becasue colors are defined by colors used in material and masks

"In RGB 0-1, the color values are represented as a decimal between 0 and 1 instead of 0 and 255. This can be useful when working with image processing and graphics software, as it allows for greater precision in color representation and manipulation."

"RGB 0-1 is also called "Float RGB" or "Decimal RGB", because the values are represented as decimals or floating point numbers. This is different from the typical RGB representation where the values are represented as integers"

And i think the most important for us:
"To convert from RGB 0-1 to RGB 0-255, you would multiply each color channel value by 255."
But I think its not possible to get precise color from 0-1 to 0-225
0-1 is more precise because you can have like 0.0534656 and this is 13.633728 BUT in RGB values you can have 13 or 14 only, I tested that my self and color didnt look the same like in game

Мастер Моделей

#3 : 04.07.2023 04:01

I tested that my self and color didnt look the same like in game

It must be taken into account that this color is still being processed by shaders and therefore does not match the one in the game. It should only be slightly similar.

damik

#4 : 04.07.2023 18:18

It must be taken into account that this color is still being processed by shaders and therefore does not match the one in the game. It should only be slightly similar.

simmilar? no its completly wrong I tested... in game tank is grey with little blue color... but almost grey. I used code and looks almost black :D

DartShinigami

#5 : 04.07.2023 21:28

simmilar? no its completly wrong I tested... in game tank is grey with little blue color... but almost grey. I used code and looks almost black :D

So there is no way of getting similar textures as in game right??? 

Мастер Моделей

#6 : 05.07.2023 04:05

So there is no way of getting similar textures as in game right??? 

Here is one of my experiments. Doesn't really look like the coloring in the game. smiley

DartShinigami

#7 : 05.07.2023 13:48

Here is one of my experiments. Doesn't really look like the coloring in the game. smiley

But is getting better than what we have right now keep up the good work!!!!! BTW I already see the dirt and some scraches so Is much better than actual.

The in game green is a bit darker like this one

porcamiseria

#8 : 05.07.2023 14:24

At least there is the color of the tyres and the lights. It's much better than nothing. For other texture parts everybody has to do it in his paint app.

jlecoultre

#9 : 05.07.2023 15:39

Is it possible to use Warthunder colors (from modern tanks)?

damik

#10 : 05.07.2023 19:59

You can use whathever you want, juse use w.dds texture for masking like red channel for dirt etc
But be aware, not all tanks use the same channels for everything, You have to all the time look for that

DartShinigami

#11 : 06.07.2023 13:45

You can use whathever you want, juse use w.dds texture for masking like red channel for dirt etc
But be aware, not all tanks use the same channels for everything, You have to all the time look for that

Bro could you care to explain your expertice on how to use the w.dds channels, if you can with some images on how you do the mask to get dirt and assents. 

Sorry but I'm a real noob to the texture/artist side of this.

Best Regards  

Мастер Моделей

#12 : 06.07.2023 18:52

Bro could you care to explain your expertice on how to use the w.dds channels, if you can with some images on how you do the mask to get dirt and assents.

Here I have shown my research, which I still adhere to (but they still did not go to the site for various reasons)

https://koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/27225-распаковка-клиента-armored-warfare/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-417825

damik

#13 : 06.07.2023 19:45

Sorry but I'm a real noob to the texture/artist side of this.

Best Regards  

What I can tell to you, I use jsut photoshop for making textures, 1st you have to get your w.dds texture after that, just put that in photoshop. and in channles you have masks
R - is always dirt fill new layer with color of dirt\mud and make red channel of w.dds as mask for that
G - NOT ALWAYS but rust so you do simmilar thing like with dirt
B - darker parts, worn parts copy entire layer and put as new layer, invert it and change blend mode into multiply, set opacity ~30\\\%
A - mostly metal parts (edges etc) - you doing the same like with dirt or rust
Add base color under those and on top add AO.dds red channel with multiply (sometimes its requried to edit that texture to remove black parts from texture)
But be carefull I saw that mostly new models use other things for channels like AbramsX uses in alpha specular texture

Also sometimes manually you have to edit some parts, like mud covers etc its not just add masks and done

specific skins uses diffuse texture as base color and uses w.dds to make that dirt etc shader stuff
Also depend if you want to make your texture looks better than in AW or not. Like type 90 M2 machinegun also is painted with camoflage so i think its better to improve your texture to make better than that right?

porcamiseria

#14 : 06.07.2023 22:35

That means Мастер Моделей has to put the w.dds or the channels as jpg in model files.

calumkeen

#15 : 07.07.2023 07:52

Have you seen this github page: https://github.com/Markemp/Cryengine-Converter they have a texture material converter so maybe it could help with gatting the real textures for the object of armored warfare

Best Regards  

Do you still have DCS models? like the Tornado GR4 (RAF)

don Rumata

#16 : 07.07.2023 09:26

How can you open DCS models?

calumkeen

#17 : 07.07.2023 09:59

I remeber DartShinigami from the old facepunch forums, and he had a couple back then lol

DartShinigami

#18 : 07.07.2023 12:19

I remeber DartShinigami from the old facepunch forums, and he had a couple back then lol

Yes I have them

DartShinigami

#19 : 07.07.2023 12:22

What I can tell to you, I use jsut photoshop for making textures, 1st you have to get your w.dds texture after that, just put that in photoshop. and in channles you have masks
R - is always dirt fill new layer with color of dirt\mud and make red channel of w.dds as mask for that
G - NOT ALWAYS but rust so you do simmilar thing like with dirt
B - darker parts, worn parts copy entire layer and put as new layer, invert it and change blend mode into multiply, set opacity ~30\\\\\\%
A - mostly metal parts (edges etc) - you doing the same like with dirt or rust
Add base color under those and on top add AO.dds red channel with multiply (sometimes its requried to edit that texture to remove black parts from texture)
But be carefull I saw that mostly new models use other things for channels like AbramsX uses in alpha specular texture

Also sometimes manually you have to edit some parts, like mud covers etc its not just add masks and done

specific skins uses diffuse texture as base color and uses w.dds to make that dirt etc shader stuff
Also depend if you want to make your texture looks better than in AW or not. Like type 90 M2 machinegun also is painted with camoflage so i think its better to improve your texture to make better than that right?

Could you help me out with TOS-1 and Kurganets-25 textures, If it not too much trouble could you do a video or something so we all can learn and I promess this is the last time I bother you.

DartShinigami

#20 : 07.07.2023 12:38

Here I have shown my research, which I still adhere to (but they still did not go to the site for various reasons)

https://koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/27225-распаковка-клиента-armored-warfare/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-417825

BTW I see now this comment and opened the link, sorry. So is there any way we could get your research into the site???? Cause what you have now it's a lot better than what we have actually in site.