Why are there no details on the tracks?

pantherboy

#0 : 11.05.2022 05:31

The tank model has very good details in my browser,  but when I download the models and open it in 3D MAX,  the tracks have no details at all. Is this normal?

Мастер Моделей

#1 : 11.05.2022 06:02

Usually in games, all the small details of the tracks are imitated by transparent textures, and the tracks themselves consist of a small number of polygons.

You can read more in the War Thunder modding guide https://wiki.warthunder.com/Creating_a_3D_tank_model#Tracks

The site also uses transparent textures, which sometimes results in weird looking tracks. This is due to the imperfection of the site's graphics engine.

pantherboy

#2 : 11.05.2022 10:52

Usually in games, all the small details of the tracks are imitated by transparent textures, and the tracks themselves consist of a small number of polygons.

You can read more in the War Thunder modding guide https://wiki.warthunder.com/Creating_a_3D_tank_model#Tracks

The site also uses transparent textures, which sometimes results in weird looking tracks. This is due to the imperfection of the site's graphics engine.

Thank you very much!  I very like T72B3M and T80BVM tanks, as well as Firefly VC and IC tanks in Britain. I want to  print them in 3D and make models of these tanks. If it's convenient for you, Cloud I trouble you to send the whole tracks STL file of these tanks in war thunder to me (my email:pantherboy@126.com ). 

I hope you can solve the problem of Chinese user payment as soon as possible,I would like to donate to this website!

portugueseotaku

#3 : 11.05.2022 12:38

Thank you very much!  I very like T72B3M and T80BVM tanks, as well as Firefly VC and IC tanks in Britain. I want to  print them in 3D and make models of these tanks. If it's convenient for you, Cloud I trouble you to send the whole tracks STL file of these tanks in war thunder to me (my email:pantherboy@126.com ). 

I hope you can solve the problem of Chinese user payment as soon as possible,I would like to donate to this website!

The actual 3d-modelled tracks (for the tanks that do have them) are assembled in game via animations. The ripper in this website does not have those tracks.

pantherboy

#4 : 12.05.2022 11:34

The actual 3d-modelled tracks (for the tanks that do have them) are assembled in game via animations. The ripper in this website does not have those tracks.

Thank you very mach!

porcamiseria

#5 : 12.05.2022 16:59

Here you can find modelled tracks for some tanks.

https://gamemodels3d.com/forum/?topic=967&page=2