Asset Viewer broken

clavicle_bone

#0 : 31.10.2021 15:37

Did Gaijin break AssetViewer again to stop leaks? Post any updates on the situation below people. Thanks

Мастер Моделей

#1 : 31.10.2021 15:48

They changed the format of the grp files again. Namely, the data on shaders and textures disappeared from the geometry section. I'm at a loss.

jlecoultre

#2 : 31.10.2021 19:40

That sounds bad, hopefully while you check the format again you will find the geometry of the tracks, antennas, etc. crying

Gredwitch

#3 : 11.11.2021 00:29

They changed the format of the grp files again. Namely, the data on shaders and textures disappeared from the geometry section. I'm at a loss.

The shader / texture data is stored in "desc files" now (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\War Thunder\patch\content\base\res\riDesc.bin and dynModelDesc.bin). I don't know what the first byte is for, but the 3 next ones correspond to the zstd-compressed data size. I didn't bother looking into it very much, but I'm pretty sure this file tells us which textures and materials a model use by real res ID

Мастер Моделей

#4 : 11.11.2021 05:07

The shader / texture data is stored in "desc files" now (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\War Thunder\patch\content\base\res\riDesc.bin and dynModelDesc.bin).

Thanks! Very valuable information yes