World of Warships map and port 3D models

jupiter

#0 : 25.03.2021 15:39

Hello, this is my first post here, posting it in English but I'll leave a russian translation on the bottom. I apologize beforehand since the translation is made with google translate.

So, I was looking through WoWs extracted files, looking for the 3D models for the maps and the ports, as well as the port for the dockyard event since I needed them for an animation project im working on. I was able to find them, but now I have a question. is it possible to extract and convert the .geometry files into a format that can be read as a 3D model and get textures assigned to? I was reading another post on this same forum saying that the 3D models would be too heavy to upload and display on this site, due to the large amount of objects on the model. so I was wondering if someone could upload them to some other site to download... I specially need the 3D model for the hamburg dockyard introduced on update 0.10.3, but access to the rest of maps and ports would be greatly appreciated.

Здравствуйте, это мой первый пост здесь, я размещаю его на английском языке, но я оставлю русский перевод внизу. Заранее прошу прощения, так как перевод сделан с помощью Google Translate.

Итак, я просматривал извлеченные файлы WoW, искал 3D-модели для карт и портов, а также порт для события верфи, так как они мне понадобились для проекта анимации, над которым я работаю. Мне удалось их найти, но теперь у меня есть вопрос. Можно ли извлечь и преобразовать файлы .geometry в формат, который можно читать как 3D-модель и назначать текстуры? Я читал другой пост на этом же форуме, в котором говорилось, что 3D-модели будут слишком тяжелыми для загрузки и отображения на этом сайте из-за большого количества объектов на модели. поэтому мне было интересно, может ли кто-нибудь загрузить их на какой-нибудь другой сайт для загрузки ... Мне особенно нужна 3D-модель для верфи в Гамбурге, представленная в обновлении 0.10.3, но доступ к остальным картам и портам был бы очень признателен.

portugueseotaku

#1 : 25.03.2021 19:08

It will be difficult since you will need a program that can assemble them for you. I would prefer having something like that for WoT maps instead, but anything would be nice.

alicenews

#2 : 25.03.2021 23:54

All the port assets in WoWS are in parts but with many variations. It is like a building system. You have dock parts for the middle part and end part in some variations and so you can assemble whatever you like. But you only have the part at the water. The land part of the port you have to build yourself. But that should not be a problem. One of the problems is to find the right texture maps. They are distributed all over the res folders. So, you have to extract the whole stuff and then try to find the sub-folders with the same name und put all the things in one folder and then you have all together. It needs a lot of passion but with a bit of routine it works well. The parts are not of very high quality. They are not intended for near shots. For that WT assets are better and of higher quality. But when you use it in backgrond it works well.

You need WOWSUnpackTool to extract all the assets from the WOWS res folder and 3dconverter to convert the native file format to something you can work with.

Some assets I just have converted and put here for download in the "Assets from games", or something simmilar, thread.

jupiter

#3 : 29.03.2021 18:36

All the port assets in WoWS are in parts but with many variations. It is like a building system. You have dock parts for the middle part and end part in some variations and so you can assemble whatever you like. But you only have the part at the water. The land part of the port you have to build yourself. But that should not be a problem. One of the problems is to find the right texture maps. They are distributed all over the res folders. So, you have to extract the whole stuff and then try to find the sub-folders with the same name und put all the things in one folder and then you have all together. It needs a lot of passion but with a bit of routine it works well. The parts are not of very high quality. They are not intended for near shots. For that WT assets are better and of higher quality. But when you use it in backgrond it works well.

You need WOWSUnpackTool to extract all the assets from the WOWS res folder and 3dconverter to convert the native file format to something you can work with.

Some assets I just have converted and put here for download in the "Assets from games", or something simmilar, thread.

I apologise for the delay on answering.

I have been able to extract all the files on the game prior to this post, and realized that the files for the maps were there, including the textures, which were scattered all around on several folders all around. 

However, I ran into the issue of converting the files from a .geometry file to a file that I can read using a 3D program. For this I used the program you cited, 3D object converter (http://3doc.i3dconverter.com/) and it did not give me any useful results, as this program cannot read .geometry files as far as I know. I am not particularly sure which program you are referring to, so I'd appreciate if you were to link it to me. if not, then can I get these .geometry files converted to a .3ds or .obj file and uploaded to somewhere? I will try to assemble the files myself into something that looks somewhat like it looks in game. Again, I apologise for the trouble.

Thank you

Мастер Моделей

#4 : 30.03.2021 02:20

I can share a script for converting .geometry files.
The script will not run directly because it is part of a larger program. But if you know how to program, you can make your own converter based on it.

alicenews

#5 : 30.03.2021 02:35

With my WoWS content it works (I do not have the latest version, because there is no new content of interest for me). The models have *.primitive extension. I suppose they changed the format of the models. That's bad. Then you have to wait for a new version of 3Dconverter.

Have you tried Noesis?

sergei9876

#6 : 28.05.2021 14:09

I can share a script for converting .geometry files.
The script will not run directly because it is part of a larger program. But if you know how to program, you can make your own converter based on it.

Здравствуйте.

Тоже заитересован в конвертировании из .geometry. Хотел бы узнать, можно было ли получить скрипт о котором Вы сказали в сообщении?

Мастер Моделей

#7 : 28.05.2021 14:48
Тоже заитересован в конвертировании из .geometry. Хотел бы узнать, можно было ли получить скрипт о котором Вы сказали в сообщении?

Свяжись со мной по электроннной почте.