Sign-in to your account

Warthunder Normal Maps and texture resolution

cekay

#0 : 24.06.2020 05:21

Hello everyone,

first of all thanks for this amazing site.

I have a couple of questions regarding texture sizes and normals (in WarThunder).

Is there a way to get access to the full resolution texture files? The textures in the WarThunder and WoT tanks are pretty low res (1024x1024 or even 512x512 with a high jpg compression). I want to use the models for animations and machinimas and this way I can't really use the low res files :(. Ingame the vehicles appear to have a much higher resolution. 

Also, regarding the warthunder tanks, they come with a color map (c), and alpha map (c_a), an ao map (ao) and a N_s file. The n_s file does not have any channels, so its just a single greycale channel. I understand that it should have Roughness, Bump, Metallic and other infos in the RGBA channels, right now this is lost. Here as well, the textures are very low res.

So I wanted to ask, is there any way to get access to the full files? I'd be willing to pay for that, of course.

Thank you!

MajorCookie

#1 : 24.06.2020 05:49

You can get full access to all the textures of the game through the CDK WTAssetViewer in original resolution

cekay

#2 : 24.06.2020 07:24

Thanks!

I noticed the _n map has

Red - Glossiness, or Roughness if inverted

Green - Bump X

Blue - Metalness

Alpha - Bump Y

Is that correct? So I'd have to merge Red and Alpha into Red and Green of a Normal map for it to work?

MajorCookie

#3 : 24.06.2020 09:01

Thanks!

I noticed the _n map has

Red - Glossiness, or Roughness if inverted

Green - Bump X

Blue - Metalness

Alpha - Bump Y

Is that correct? So I'd have to merge Red and Alpha into Red and Green of a Normal map for it to work?

Yes. WT Alpha -> Red channel, WT Green -> Green channel and Blue channel is full white. If the normals are inverted (directX/OpenGL), then you invert the red and green channels

jlecoultre

#4 : 24.06.2020 12:04

You must install the full client.

barrys627

#5 : 24.06.2020 17:56

Found them.

Is there a tutorial on how to export them out?

MajorCookie

#6 : 25.06.2020 06:59

Found them.

Is there a tutorial on how to export them out?

Just click on the name of the texture and a window will appear where you can save it in dds format